All of us carefully follow the skin of the face, but sometimes forget to give proper care to your body. Skin peeling – a frequent phenomenon, especially in the winter. Skin peeling is a completely normal physiological process – the skin is renewed, but if the peeling becomes pronounced, then it is necessary to find out the reason why the skin is scaly, which is scores.
Causes of skin peeling:
- Lack of moisture. This is probably the most frequent and the main reason. Violated water-fat skin balance.
- Aggressive environment: strong air dryness, frost, strong wind, roasting sun.
- Improper care and selected means. Frequent use of hard soap and shower gel.
- Malnutrition, provoking a lack of vitamins for the body.
- Low fluid intake. Calculate the amount of necessary fluid for daily intake; you can divide your weight by 30. Either 35 ml per 1 kg of weight.
- Synthetic clothing. It is preferable to wear smooth cotton clothes.
- Taking medicines. Some medicines can cause skin peeling.
- The presence of the disease: psoriasis, diabetes, eczema.
- Problems with the cardiovascular system. Namely, a violation of blood circulation, especially in someone with low mobility (for example, sedentary work).
- Violation of the gastrointestinal tract. If the stomach problems, it is always reflected on the skin.
- Being in stress affects a lot: on hair loss and the appearance of dandruff , on the foliation of nails , on the general condition of the skin.
- Damage to the skin: abrasions, scratches.
- Age and hormones. With age, the skin becomes drier due to lack of fatty skin lubrication. Women after forty often notice the aggravation of dry skin. This happens with a change in the hormonal background associated with menopause.
What to do if the skin is strongly flaky
If the skin peeling is accompanied by itching or inflammatory rashes, then in this case it is necessary to consult a dermatologist. But if the scaling of the body is associated with improper care. The solution will be exactly the hydration of the skin, since the skin peeling is a sign of its dehydration.
To do this, it is worth reviewing your care and the funds that you use. Change hard soap or shower gel for softer means. For example, on a cream-gel or oil-gel for a body, on natural soap with the maintenance of humidifying oils. After a bath or shower, pat the body with a towel, getting rid of excessive moisture. Do not rub to prevent skin irritation. Then, on a slightly moist body, apply a moisturizing cream that prevents the evaporation of moisture or oil (almond, olive, coconut, etc.). In a couple of minutes you can remove the rest of the cream or oil with a napkin.
Reconsider your food. Ideally, go for proper nutrition or at least moderate consumption of alcohol, salty, spicy, etc. Bring in your diet more seafood, vegetables, fruits, cereals, vegetable oils. Take in the morning on an empty stomach 1-2 st. spoons of linseed oil. The main thing is that it should not be bitter, it is impossible to consume it and store it in the refrigerator. Flaxseed oil perfectly moisturizes and gives elasticity to the skin. It is rich in saturated fatty acids Omega-3 and Omega-6 and vitamin F (a vitamin of beauty). It is also effective for stretch marks on the body and cellulite. And do not forget about the daily rate of fluid intake, namely only clean drinking water.
If nothing works for you and the peeling does not go away, do not pull it and see a doctor. Take care of your health.